The teachers of the institution take up the responsibility of safeguarding and nurturing the newly admitted students. The teachers act as a buffer for all students and help them to get acclimatized to JSPM NTC environment. This scheme, which is perhaps the only one of its kind, guarantees additional assurance to the new comers and takes some burden off the parents and lessens their anxiety. The students are free to contact the counseling service with a wide range of worries, including personal, home and family relationships, depression, anxiety and loneliness. Through GFM scheme we identify the weak students and help them to eluminate the respective weakness.
The objectives of the scheme are:
1. To acclimatize the new students to the campus life in JSPM NTC
2. To provide academic counseling
3. To enlighten the students on professional ethics and conduct
4. To communicate with the ward’s parents
5. Providing emotional support to students on individual basis.
6. Helping students overcome home sickness.
7. Establishing rapport between teachers, student & parents.
8. Monitoring attendance and behavioral aspects of every student.
9. Identifying weak areas and working out remedies helping students thereby taking their complete care.
Highlights of the Scheme:
1. One teacher is nominated as ‘Teacher Guardian’ for fifteen students.
2. Teacher Guardian maintains all records of students in formats provided.
3. Teacher Guardian does all the follow up regarding attendance of students under his supervision.
4. Teacher guardian monitors academic performance of students.
5. Teacher guardian does counseling about studies.